April 7, 2014
5:00pm - 7:00 pm
The Urban Assembly, 90 Broad Street, Suite 2101 New York, NY 10004
5:00 - 5:05 Opening Prompt/Introductions, facilitated by Jen
Who are you? What excites you most about this project?
5:05 - 5:20 Review of Meeting Norms/Purpose/Scope facilitated by Maddy
- We agree to center our work on the core values (curiosity, empathy, risk-taking, self awareness, resilience).
- We agree to engage in design thinking, and understand that this work is iterative.
- We agree to engage in a growth mindset.
- We agree to document our process.
- We agree to respect each other's time.
Purpose of this meeting:
- To introduce planning team members to the first iteration of planning tools
- To get critical feedback on those tools for the next iteration
Scope of critical feedback for this evening:
- All materials will need to emphasize growth mindset, design thinking, and project based/challenge based learning and the core values
- To what extent are the current materials supporting growth mindset, design thinking, project based learning, core values?
- What would we change to improve them?
Work of the planning team for the future:
- Developing common language around instructional objectives
Development of Skills Rubrics
Fleshing out of CTE Framework
Development of Schedule
5:30 pm - 5:50 Core Values Exploration facilitated by Ivy
- Participants are paired up,
- Given one artifact, and a paper with the core values.
- Pairs are tasked with reviewing the artifact and
- documenting where they see the artifact is aligned or supporting the core values.
- documenting the questions they have about the artifact, and how it will be used
- (Prize to team that generates the most questions!)
- rubric draft
- growth mindset thinking tool
- unit plan template
- lesson plan template
5:50 - 6:15 Teams Share out Findings
- What worked today? (5 min)
- What didn’t? (5 min)
- What suggestions do you have to improve this meeting for next time? (5 min)
- What suggestions do you have for what’s next?
Asynchronous feedback on other tools
All links go to copies of documents, set with privileges to comment. What do you want to keep? What do you want to edit? What suggestions do you have to make the information more clear?Please add your comments, or make a copy of the doc and make a full set of changes!
6:15 - 6:20 Explanation of Tuning Protocol
6:20 - 6:35 Tuning protocol around Design Thinking Tool
A challenge I see...
A question I have about it is...