Summer 2023 Programs
- Younger Youth (14-15) would work online with the TCAC program and the goal is to have them receive Pre-ETS services over the summer. (These students will have 12.5 hours weekly and the work they complete will be remote)
- Older Youth (16+) can work in the trades that the UA schools have developed and TCAC would support the established CTE sites over the summer (These students will have 25 hours weekly and will either work at one of our CTE partner sites OR travel to other Urban Assembly schools for work in the positions in the attachment)
Older Youth (Ages 16-21): Provider Pin # WPA572909
Younger Youth (Ages 14-15): Provider Pin # WPA360111
Let's Get Ready Program
Let’s Get Ready is offering FREE college going support to high school juniors starting this
June! Applications are open NOW and are on a first come, first served basis with the
application closing on May 22, 2023.
As a member of Let’s Get Ready, you will have a trained college student mentor who you can
reach out to for advice on building your college list, creating your college applications, and starting your college essay. This mentorship is entirely text based, which means it’s convenient, flexible, and there for you whenever you need it! Students who work with us find that they are more organized as they prepare to apply to college and feel supported when they are completing their applications.
Also, students who are interested can also sign-up for our SAT Prep program that will help you increase your SAT scores. This program will be from June 12- August 15, meeting twice a week Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday from 5-7 PM. Students are not required to participate in the SAT Prep course to join Let’s Get Ready. This program is FREE, too! Our coaches are fun, knowledgeable, and relatable. They recently have been high school students themselves and understand how scary it can be to apply to college. They are also great people to bounce ideas for college essays off of and to talk through what the college experience is like now. If you would like to join Let’s Get Ready or learn more about it, please visit our website at www.letsgetready.org. If you have questions, please reach out to [email protected]
What Does the Program Offer?
Ladders for Leaders gives students the unique opportunity to explore their interests and discover new ones through:
- Pre-Employment Training: Receive help with résumé and cover letter writing, and interview skills. Learn essential workplace readiness skills and business etiquette.
- Paid Summer Internships: Paid internship opportunities in a variety of industries that match students’ interests. Gain experience with well-known companies like Neuberger Berman, Amalgamated Bank, CBRE, Office of Chief Medical Examiner of the City of New York, Google, and Tishman Speyer.
- Opportunities to Join our Growing Alumni Network: Our broad network of alumni, post-internship opportunities, and networking events are open only to past participants of the program.
Who is Eligible?
To apply for Ladders for Leaders, students must:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 21, and currently enrolled in high school or college
- Have a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00
- Be a current resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City
- Have some form of prior work experience, either paid or volunteer
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please check out their alumni page to see what former participants have to say about the program.
If you have any questions, please reach out to The NYC Ladders for Leaders Team at [email protected]