Attendance at Maker
- Schools must take attendance to show whether a student is in school or not; it’s the law.
- Schools mark a student as P for present or A for absent.
- There is no general remote learning option this year. If your child is learning remotely because they either have been asked to quarantine or are enrolled in medically necessary instruction, your child will be flagged as “learning remotely” in the DOE’s attendance system.
- While schools can mark an absence as “excused” for religious reasons, illness, or some other reasons, the excused absence is still an absence and must be part of the student’s record.
- Schools must tell families when students are absent or late. They will make a positive call or outreach home. Does your school have the right information to contact you? Update your child’s NYCSA account with your current contact information.
What’s To Come!
Rolling out our UA Maker Incentive Plan!Great attendance is rewarded at UA Maker. To celebrate our students with 90% attendance and above, we have created an incentive plan to reward them. Examples of our incentive plan include:
For 90% attendance and above and students who show improvement each month:
Trips on Wednesday Afternoon!
Every month we will celebrating great attendance by offering trips on Wednesday afternoons. Students with over 90% attendance can choose 1 trip a month to go.
Our trips in March include:
3/8: Ninja Group Adventure at Ferox Gym
3/15: The Poster House Museum
3/15: Improv and Pizza Party
For 80% attendance and above:
Pizza Parties in the cafeteria!
Our next pizza party is: 3/14
Maker Swag! Get the complete Maker outfit!
Introducing the UA Maker Store!
Get 1 ticket to the store for every 5 consecutive days of attendance! Gifts will include: